Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Are You looking for Answers?

In my field as an Educational Technologist, I find that research is easier to do and find, thanks to technology. Twitter made no sense to me when I first signed up. But once the Personal Learning Network (PLN)grew to suit my professional needs, research became easier. Many educators find resources and post links to twitter that can easily be explored. Twitter is not just about "What Shaq is doing at this minute." Through my PLN I also found a cool site called Wallwisher
Since personal owned devices are just around the corner in many school districts, I asked the question, "What is your position on allowing Personal owned devices in the classroom?" Particpants can link to the site and post their opinion on the wall. This has great potential in the classroom. Another site that I found through my PLN is Answer Garden. Again, the researcher can post a question and send the link to followers, students or whom they want to direct the question and respondants can post their answers to the site. Another innovative application for the classroom that students should enjoy. So if you are looking for answers . . .

2 comments:

  1. Great examples of effective resources derived from your PLN! Twitter has changed the processes of resource locating and professional learning for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! Knew about Wallwisher but not Answer Garden. Both have far reaching applications and benefits.

    ReplyDelete