Sunday, May 16, 2010

TLC Begins to blog

When I was hired as the Technology Leadership Coordinator (TLC) for Medicine Hat Public Schools I certainly liked my acronym. Obviously TLC can mean "tender loving care" or even "the learning channel." Both definitions to the acronym suit my position. First I enjoy helping others learn new ideas with technology. Second, I am flexible and tailor my instruction to meet the needs of the group or individual. I learned early in my new position as the TLC that many schools, leaders and teachers are at different levels of comfort with technology. So I do not push, but encourage teachers to contact me if they need help. One great way to help teachers is to feature "how to" videos. It is sometimes easier sending a visual of how to do something, than it is to explain it over the phone or email. So I plan on using this blog, not only to rant once in awhile, but to help teachers with their technology needs. BTW- the 007 attached to my username is due to a repeat of the acronym, and I am a big James Bond fan. This is my first blog. How did I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment